Seniors Services & Aged Care
Age Friendly Community Plan
The Shire of Brookton Age Friendly Community Plan promotes active aging and optimising opportunities for health, participation and security in order to enhance the quality of life as people age.
Activities for Seniors
The Brookton community provides a range of options for seniors including a vibrant Mens Shed and CWA, line dancing, bowls, golf, games mornings and more. Find something for your interests here:
Brookton has a range of options for senior housing.
- Brookton Senior Citizens Homes Inc provide independent living with 8 x 1 bedroom apartments and 3 x 3 bedroom homes. Contact 9642 1091.
- Kalkarni Aged Care Residency is a Shire owned 43 bed residential aged care facility operated by Baptistcare.
- Shire of Brookton has 4 joint venture housing units. For enquiries please call 9642 1106.
- The Govt of WA Housing Authority provides public rental accommodation.
Seniors Card holders are entitled to a range of government concessions and discounts off the price of goods and services from over 500 businesses listed in the online WA Seniors Card Discount Directory.
You can enjoy the benefits of a WA Seniors Card if you are:
- aged 61 years or more
- a permanent resident of Western Australia
- not in full time employment - work 25 hours or less per week
For more information or to apply for a Seniors Card visit the WA Seniors Card website.