Brookton’s location and lifestyle makes it the perfect choice for establishing your business. Only one hour from Perth yet still with strong community values and all the best aspects of country life. Progressive and with community facilities that are the envy of other towns.
Join the Success Story
There has been significant investment in Brookton - both public and private infrastructure:
- Robinson Road Upgrade 2016 $570,000
- SP Hay and Balco Hay $2 million +
- Kalkarni Residency aged care facility 2006 $5.5 million
- Brookton Sport and Recreation Facilities consolidation & upgrade $4.5million
- CBH expansion into a Strategic Receival Point
- Brookton Highway Upgrade $32million
- Water Harvesting Project 2009 $350,000
Brookton is ideally located close to transport services:
- Bifurcation of Great Southern and Brookton Highway with access to eastern, northern and southern Wheatbelt.
- Proximity to Perth—only one hour along the upgraded Brookton Highway.
- Located on rail line
Brookton is a business friendly environment.
- Full banking services with local Bendigo Community Bank Branch.
- Fully accredited day centre
- Courier services
- Local Accountancy
- NBN available 2016-17
- New Telstra and Optus towers
- Community Resource Centre for vocational training, technology and business services.
There are a range of existing programs to assist in establishing your business in Brookton:
- Shire New Business Incentive program
- Country Housing Authority
- Wheatbelt Development Commission
- Headworks assistance
- Regional Development Australia
If you have any queries or would like to explore additional opportunities, contact the Shire Chief Executive Officer.
Vibrant Community - Great Facilities
There’s something for everyone - from children to adults. Sporting pursuits are well catered for with golf, bowls, tennis, netball, swimming, football, cricket, hockey, karate. The community has been implementing a program of upgrading and consolidating its recreation facilities with new 12 rink synthetic bowling green and six court all under lights. This complements the existing aquatic centre, 18 hole golf course and extensive pathway network.
In Good Company
Brookton has a thriving existing business base, and a net daily in-migration of the workforce with people travelling from surrounding towns and the city.
Agriculture is the mainstay of the local economy with export hay, aged care, health and education services offering diversity. Machinery sales and repairs, banking, olive groves and organic waste processing add to the vibrant economic base.
Light Industrial Land for Sale
The Shire has partnered with Landcorp on the release of light industrial land.Two blocks are available for sale in Richardson Street through Landcorp. See here for more details.
This is one initiative from the Shire's Strategic Community Plan - Strategy 4.4.1 Promote and facilitate the release of land for industrial purposes.